RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
The Property Manager, Inc.
1. All Adult applicants, 18 or older, must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A Non-refundable application fee of $60 cash will be required for all adult applicants. A receipt will be provided. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least two-and-one half to three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
3. Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain an eviction filing, slow pays, judgments, collections or liens within the past 5 years. A bankruptcy MUST be fully discharged. Landlord reserves the right to require a minimum credit score, on certain properties.
4. Self employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
5. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
6. Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld" further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
7. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
8. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
9. A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and re-keying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, re-keying etc., may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re-keying etc., that exceed this non-refundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
10. Applicants will be required to pay the first full month's rent at the time of taking occupancy. Applicants will be required to pay the security deposit prior to their lease being drawn up by our attorneys, which is a minimum amount of one months rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent. Both the first month rent and the security deposit must be a certified check or a money order. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.
11. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
12. We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit. The deposit must be accompanied with a Sample Affirmation, signed by all applicants, confirming that the applicant has read the Sample Lease, understands and agrees to the basic terms and conditions of the lease. Conditions may vary depending on the property applied for, and depending on requirements of certain landlords. The Sample Lease is available on our website at www.PMIRealty.com, by U.S Mail, email, fax, or in person.
13. Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
14. Our company policy is to report all non compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.